381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
36,364 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
There's the link shrwcar posted*. Patrick didn't actually post one. :doh:

* it worked the second time I clicked. Whatever are those three very low rearlights? Also, I note clear indicator glass...

looks nice. Hope it's like the original.
Doesn't show for me. It says referal denied.

Regards John

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
I was just trying to make the picture display. I got a blank one because the image tag had an error in the url (an extra / ) I fixed the url and it displays inline for me now. No need to click any links.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
Whatever are those three very low rearlights?
Centre one appears to be a rear fog light. The side ones appear to be reflectors. they're on the 550 as well - in fact this car has the 550 rear bumper and rear muffler. The show MG6 was different.

·
Registered
36,364 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
I see they're following the MG Rover traditional of lashings of chrome for Roewe and black/colour coded for MG.

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
ok, i post it again....
does everybody see the pic?

the side view is so full of reflections, I wonder if it's a photoshop? or is it just really shiny?

I see they're following the MG Rover traditional of lashings of chrome for Roewe and black/colour coded for MG.
the 550 Sport doesn't fit that, like a Vitesse.

Will we get the yellow leather seats out of the 550 Sport in the MG6? (or orange or red ones?)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
Ok, im a bit confused. Now i know its not hard to confuse me but indulge me please.

Is this latest information saying that we wont get the Roewe 550 in Europe, but rather just the MG 6 in both saloon and hatch formats? Or perhaps the saloon will be known by another name? Or have i got the wrong end of th stick completely?

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Ok, im a bit confused. Now i know its not hard to confuse me but indulge me please.

Is this latest information saying that we wont get the Roewe 550 in Europe, but rather just the MG 6 in both saloon and hatch formats? Or perhaps the saloon will be known by another name? Or have i got the wrong end of th stick completely?
from what i have been able to work out (guess) the roewe brand isn't coming to europe.
although i could be wrong!!!:bgrin:

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
It most definitely looks like a Photoshop to me, the wheels give the game away. It may or may not be all Photoshop though...

·
Registered
36,364 Posts

1) Looks like we are not in line to get any Roewe-badged cars outside China. In Britain, the MG dealerships are established; and the 550 and 750 are MGs (not Roewes) in Chile and Belarus.

2) It seems that the 5-door hatchback is flavour of the month, with the large executive cars Audi A5 Sportback and B*W 5 series GT adopting the format. They say that hatches are more popular in Britain, but if the saloon is marketed here it will be a surprise if it isn't an MG...

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
It most definitely looks like a Photoshop to me, the wheels give the game away. It may or may not be all Photoshop though...
Looking at it i think its a real MG 6 pic, but has been photoshopped to change the colour and different wheels added. The rear view pic looks more convincing than the rest

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
so how about this ?

Is it on a pallet to make it easier to turn? :lol: (I hope it has a better turning circle than my ZS) (but, then again, a supertanker has a better turning circle ;))

I note that the rear indicator is visible from the side, unlike many other modern cars. Arrows on pictures of mid-sized MGs have a history on this site - does that text say "Don't tell Mr. Lexus we've nicked his rearlights!"? :lol:

(Some more arrows on a mid-sized MG)

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/mg5ox3.jpg

(thanks shrwcar)

381 - 399 of 399 Posts