MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
i've looked long and hard at it, and I don't think I like it...
Would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing..... but remember even an ugly car can be a hoot to drive :D apart from BMW's obviously, they are just plain rubbish :D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The front is starting to grow on me but I'm still not sure about it, I'd like to see one in the metal as like most modern cars probably looks much better.

Just now need to hear that it'll be built in Longbridge and I'll start saving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This has exceeded my expectations! Those earlier chops we saw (that red one with a Mazda 2 like rear) were ok but didn't have that x-factor. This has!

I can see this being a good seller with looks like that! Just hope it comes out in the UK exactly like this. And I also hope us Brummies get to make it! Whoooop!!

-Ady-

·
Registered
36,418 Posts

Everyone is heading for the show...
better go and check my Zed is still in the garage.!

Why are the Chinese prouder of MG than the Brits?

NB I think I now know the Chinese for "DNA"* - and I take it that's 85 years. I'm humming Simple Minds' "New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84-85!

*or is that "Huge panel gap between bonnet and grille" ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why are the Chinese prouder of MG than the Brits?
They realise the potential that an historic brand with lots of great models in its portfolio has. The UK citizens just see BL and can't get past that.

I really think this car could change that. It looks new, and nothing like any of the old Zeds, modern detailing, great shape....

:) Send your troops onto the street and spread the MG word!

·
Registered
rover_45
563 Posts
Hi there! Over two years since my last post!

Great opportunity to comment on this good looking MG6.

BTW does anyone knows when will first units arrive to mainland Europe?

A couple of years ago we heard that Spain was to be second to UK in starting to sell MG's. No further news on that yet...

·
Registered
36,418 Posts
Hi there! Over two years since my last post!

Great opportunity to comment on this good looking MG6.

BTW does anyone knows when will first units arrive to mainland Europe?

A couple of years ago we heard that Spain was to be second to UK in starting to sell MG's. No further news on that yet...
Hello again jodemode! That's some gap between posts! I just managed ten minutes! :slap: :lol:

No news of mainland Europe that I've heard. You could move to Chile(!)...(where the Roewe 550 and 750 are on sale as MGs) http://www.mguk.org/world-news-f5/roewe-enters-chile-using-the-mg-brand-t13.htm

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Well Chile is a spanish-speaking country.

The more I look at the pics the more I like it. Good proportions and with some style. Would like to see it in the flesh.

My neighbour has a red Focus and I can compare the two cars by looking out the window! The MG has sleek styling but will presumably be as roomy as the Focus as it's a bit longer. The focus is cramped in the back too. it also has a tiny boot. Would be interesting to see the boot size.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I got serious goose bumps.. Love it love it love it.. I so knoew it would be worth the wait despite the skeptics negative comments..

Really like the front end treatment and what they have done with the badge... Have seen the Roewe 550 in the flesh in Preston last year and it looks well chunky and strong in design.. the MG 6 adds a healthy dose of aggression..

Trouble is, its at least one size to big for me and it doesn't have a diesel... yet...

21 - 40 of 399 Posts