MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
rover_800
11,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the NEW MG6

The first official image of the Roewe MG 6, based on the Roewe 550 and destined for sale in the UK under the MG brand, has surfaced online ahead of the upcoming Shanghai Motor Show.
The first photos of the stylish new MG 6 popped up late last year in a Chinese automotive magazine. The images revealed the MG 6’s external styling, front and back, as well as a shot of the hatch’s modern interior, lifted from its progenitor, the Roewe 550.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/writer/RoeweMG6ProductionModelRevealedAheadOfSh_9CAF/mgmg6_roewemg6_roewe550.jpg
In the time since, the MG 6 has gained a revised front end – though perhaps less ‘traditional MG’ in its style – while the middle and rear-end have taken on a much sportier angle than the hatch-like styling shown in the previous photos.

The MG 6 has benefited from an international design effort, with styling contributions coming from studios in both China and the UK.

While the flood of rip-off designs continues to flow seemingly unabated out of China, certain manufacturers, like Roewe, are making headway in establishing their reputations as respectable members of the international automotive industry with strong futures ahead.

We’re looking forward to Roewe’s offerings at Shanghai this year, and MG’s recovery in the UK market (there’s something of ‘waking the dead’ in this).

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/27663/roewe-mg-6-production-model-revealed-ahead-of-shanghai-motor-show/

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
Want one! It realy does look good, i just think it could do with a stronger grill, aside from that its a great effort

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
While I think it looks ok, the front end is a little weak. I'll reserve proper judgement until I see larger photos.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
While I think it looks ok, the front end is a little weak. I'll reserve proper judgement until I see larger photos.
Yes the front end is a little bland, but its not being seen from its best angle i dont think. The bottom half of the bumper/valance is very similar to the sketch that was seen last week which showed a much stronger grill and lights so im inclined to think that when seen head on and in a less air-brushed shot it will be a little more definite

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
Ever since these pics appeared yesterday ive had this nagging feeling that id seen something very similar before........ Just realised why

Take a bow Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
This car looks awesome! Really like the front end, but the rear is a bit of a worry? How much headroom is actually there? Will we get told when its launched and will there be any interior shots?

Doc

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
This car looks awesome! Really like the front end, but the rear is a bit of a worry? How much headroom is actually there? Will we get told when its launched and will there be any interior shots?

Doc
Well you only have to wait till the 20th to find out

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
8,748 Posts
I actually based the photoshop off one of the original blue TCV photos, then bolted on the bits from the front end.

But I did the Fastback mod of my own accord.

There was also the MG varients ;)

Fantastic job you did too

1 - 20 of 399 Posts