MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
24 Posts
Actually I have to wonder about the testing procedure today on vehicles. In the 1980's I was involved in building custom motor cycles and especially in making parts for them. All had to conform to "Construction and Use Regulations" as well as being able to pass the MOT and as peoples lives and safety was at stake the parts could not fail or break ......................... law suits would no doubt have resulted if this happened
I never understand this argument. Regulations are very basic. If people were so bothered about safety they would be driving the safest cars possible for themselves and pedestrians.

It's OK to not like what someone has done, but we are all here because we have a passion for cars. Respect for what people do differently is key.

·
Registered
rover_45
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
the construction and use regulations, athough plentiful, are basic and easy to follow.
This cat still passed its MOT, and even though the MOT tester was lenient towards the height of the car and the width of the wheels, I know he'd never pass anything that was dangerously unsafe.
he failed my 45, that was low, but had so much damaged to the underside and poor headlight aim due to the height.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,682 Posts
Well worth it for the fun of it.

I commented on his YouTube video just to see if I get a reply on there.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts