MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would pose the question really.

I reckon it would be a very close run battle, what do you guys think.
Not that i race on the public highway of course!!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
rover_25
121 Posts
but if you put a sunstrip on your window and stickers on the car you'l have at least 228+ HP

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent answers, this is just the sort of constructive replies that i am after!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
but remember the reliant will have thise E-bay resistors taking it to 300bhp and its lighter and will proberly will lower his back seats

·
Registered
rover_25
121 Posts
Master Yoda said:
but remember the reliant will have thise E-bay resistors taking it to 300bhp and its lighter and will proberly will lower his back seats

oh got u there

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Master Yoda said:
Good point well made, but i probably have the better road handling though.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
rover_25
121 Posts
on turns the robin would have to slow down with only having one wheel at the front
so you would have the advantage there

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Turn the chassis round on the Robin, so that it has two wheels at the front, and one at the back, and then it'll win for definite. :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Turn the chassis round on the Robin, so that it has two wheels at the front, and one at the back, and then it'll win for definite. :)

Isn't that what reverse gear is for... I'm sure it makes Robin go faster..

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
yes it very relevent i have been round his area and the amount of RR wanting to race you is horrendus he needs to know whats hes getting himself into

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Master Yoda said:
yes it very relevent i have been round his area and the amount of RR wanting to race you is horrendus he needs to know whats hes getting himself into
Happens all the time, the robin boys are all over the place!!!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
There was a Robin Reliant on Ebay a while ago with a VVC engine in it, if I remember rightly, on Ebay a while ago. Fancy your chances with that?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Its a Reliant Robin!!....... ie the name of the company is/was `Reliant` the model was called the `Robin`!!!...

Why people allways say it this way round is strange (Fools and horses?), would you say a `Focus Ford`, or a Astra Vauxhall`??........ or even a `25 Rover`..........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts