MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a nice 75, nad don't mind if it's a saloon or a tourer. Can anyone tell me if the suspension settings on the Tourer are firmer than the saloon, to be able to take possibly higher weights in the rear, or is it as soft as the saloon (which is one of the attractions for me)?

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
Although the installation of the suspension is exactly the same. the thourer versions have a slightly firmer set up front and rear as it is assumed that the tourer will always carry more weight than a saloon will therefore there are slight tweaks. If anything, the tourer is a little sharper in the steering department because of it.

Having said that, the differences are not that noticable to be honest. If you're not fussed on body style though, I'd aim for the tourer version as they are brilliant all-rounders! I've got a ZT-T and I'd be lost without the extra room in the back and the rear head room is better in the tourer than it is in the saloon! A total bonus if you're taking adult passengers in the rear!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes, I agree with rincewind on going for the tourer if you have no particular preference. I prefer the look of the saloon but the tourer is better as an all rounder. Expect to pay more for the tourer than the saloon because of this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. I hadn't thought about the headroom. Any difference in fuel consumption?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Just to complicate matters :)

If you look at buying a later Contemporary SE it might have, in fact probably quite a few face lifts not just the Contemporary model might have the optional sports suspension as fitted to the ZT-T.

Or if you decided to buy an early MK1 ZT-T you could get the original rock hard suspension before they toned it down for the wossies which can rattle passengers teeth out but sticks like the proverbial around corners!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Keith. It sounds from what you say tat there might be a noticeable difference in the ride between saloon and tourer - is that how you see it?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
No not exactly I am assuming you are after a comfy ride so what I mean is just because you might look at and drive one Tourer don't automatically assume the ride is the same on all of them as MGR offerd lots of options on later cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts