MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get any ride quality back into my car after lowering it. I have just had a set of Motobuild springs fitted with my standard shocks and to be honest there is no ride quality left in the car now, I feel every bump in the road and big pot holes make it seem like i'm recking my car. Would replacing the shocks to something like Koni really make that much of a difference.

I own a Rover 220GTi 3 door hatch.

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
Unfortunately it is the condequences of lowering on your std shocks. I went from that set up to a full set of Koni top adjustable damper with spax springs and the car feels like the OE suspension again :D worth the £360 odd new IMO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice mate, is what your saying keep my Motobuild springs and just upgrade the shocks to Koni to return some if not all the ride quality back? Love your car dude, I have you to blame for wasting my money on my own 220 over the last year or so, look good when there done don't they though :).

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
oh yes :bgrin2: i'm beginning to appreciate my car a little more now. Going around town in it is just boring. I look forward to the times i can just get out and floor it just to hear the turbo :D

If you keep your springs, and just fit Koni's, it will bring back a bit of comfort. I was amazed at the difference :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts