MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The view out of my glass rear screened TF isn't the best and I am thinking of fitting a review camera. I don't want a crude set up with the screen stuck on with a rubber sucker. I have seen kits where the screen clips over the mirror and presumably the rear image only appears when the camera is switched on via the reversing lamps. One of these would sort of be acceptable. Far better would be one where the original mirror is replaced with a combined screen/mirror. Has anyone experience of such a set up?

Jan T

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hi,
I also have limited rear vision with my tinted glass windstop which is permanently fixed between roll hoops, and the glass rear window is great, but smaller than the plastic rear windows.
so I fitted a camera, but piped it through to my Stereo, it has a video input and it comes on automatically when in reverse. The camera is great and works superb, even in the dark.
I mounted the camera itself in the mesh between the exhaust finishers.

I also fitted reversing sensors and I find these are also great. Both camera and sensor kit were most reasonable from ebay.

You can get USB head units to replace the car stereo from as cheap as 21 quid also, these will have video capability and you can connect a camera to them.

Sundance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts