MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bloke at work bought his wife a new Audi TT just before Easter. It was jet black with a red leather interior - all the gadgets, of course - and it looked really beautiful.

On Easter day he managed to reverse it into a truck and mashed up both rear wings and the bootlid, even breaking the rear window. It's caused thousands of pounds of damage.

His explanation? He owns and drives an Audi too - an A6. Except his Audi has the reverse parking sensors which beep when you get close to an object, and his wife's TT doesn't.

Ouch!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but...

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Astonishing that a new TT - not a cheap car - would not have such a simple gadget as standard.

Ho ho ho.

My ZR105+ has reverse parking sensors, and although it wasn't on the 'list of things I wanted from my next car' when I bought the car, I must admit it is a very good feature that I wouldn't like to be without now.

Maybe you should fit some to the bus Mike?

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you should fit some to the bus Mike?

What for? Unlike a lot of cars, the bus is great for reversing: you can see exactly where the rear of the thing is, and where the rear wheels are.

Also I've got a loud reversing beeper on the bus which beeps whenever I'm in reverse, so I probably wouldn't hear a distance sensor over that racket anyhow!

The only problem is the huge blind spot actually behind the vehicle, but it doesn't take long to figure everything out.

I will be investing in a CCTV camera and telly for my 'rear view mirror' at some point - but only because I've found someone who will sell me one for £29 all in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts