MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
eeee, it comes from Rochdale then lad!

Its got shades of the Nissan thing at the front and nothing particularly new about it styling but you know, I rather like it. No poncing about sort of motor, and for performance per pound it has a lot of cars licked.

The only question is......will they sell any?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the magic question ;) SV was pricey and didnt sell many, this thing has monster power outputs from a company that I guess nobody has ever heard of. I hope it does sell well, and see a British company do well in the automotive industry. :touch wood:

·
Registered
mg_zs
767 Posts
I guess Invincta is probably the nearest thing in terms of output and product. Be interesting to know how they are doing. I guess we're still looking at a mock-up based on the headlights. Could do with a bit sharper styling at the front end to my mind. Be interesting to see it go.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
At least he decided against resurrecting the old Rochdale brand, which would have been an all-too obvious choice given the location. That car certainly does look a lot nicer and more "finished" than most fly-by-night kit/specialty operations, so maybe this one will do a bit better than most.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,315 Posts
rlxs said:
Any idea where the engine's from?
Reading between the lines it looks like Al Melling is making his own engines, according to Autocar the block and heads are machined entirely from billets of aluminium.

msn said:
Al Melling has designed engines for Jaguar and TVR, with one of his most recent developments a V10 for Lola.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts