MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I spoke to my local Rover "dealership" this morning regarding fitting cruise control. According to them I need a new diesel cruise ECU and the required switch gear and they can code this to my car without any problems. They quoted about £110 for the ECU plus a session on Testbook.
Any comments from the audience regarding this?
Regards
Alan.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
News to us!

What about the wiring loom. One would have to assume you already had this in place. This loom on its own would be more than £100 I reckon.

Our research found that there was a possibility that the main ECU had some CC coding installed too.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the loom in place. My car is a face lift 2005 registered tourer. The dealership said that once the diesel ECU had been coded to a car it was no longer possible to recode for another vehicle, a problem they had when coding one to try and cure a cruise fault, if it did not cure the fault the ECU was no longer usable.
I am going to try and source the swith gear this week and will be ordering the ECU in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you all informed of progress or not!
Alan.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thats good news.

I (and I'm sure Rob will as well) find it most distrubing that so called 'Project Drive' happened yet they ADDED looms to cars even though they were not destined to have Cruise!!!

Most Odd. Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts