MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear all,

Has anyone retro fitted roof bars on their ZT estate??

I have just bought some off ebay, but.....

1 it seems that there are some special drilled bolts missing which are drilled in the top so that the brackets can be bolted onto them with a smaller bolt... am I right? can they be purchased seperately?

2 the roof of the car has some small plugs (which look like the top of a used rivvet) soldered into the holes on the roof, do they need to be drilled out or ground off?

Before I start drilling holes in the top of my pride and joy can anyone give me a little guidance to avoid any expensive disasters?

cheers

J

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MikeM said:
.and don't be so flippin impatient, it takes hours to find these things you know :lol:
Thanks Mike, not impatiient... honest....labrador jumped up on the keyboard as I was trying to add to the link then the PC crashed cos she had pressed 20 keys at once!
thanks for the tip on the roof bars, got them for £30.
also the mechanic at Barbers has helped out Susie and her hubby with the collapsed clutch slave cylinder. apparently saving them £150. its good to talk!!

Gonna check out that link and will take some photos on saturday.... going to giive the car a full service at the same time ready for trip to france. I will snap away with the camera especially when accessing the pollen filter which is a bit awkward to say the least.

Cheers
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts