MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm still after a TF and as I'm quite picky I still haven't found the one I want until now.

Seen a nice TF with everything I want (Full leather, dark interior, hard top etc) but I really wanted the 11 spoke alloys I think they are the ones on the 160 with the red calipers etc.

Anyone know roughly how much it would cost to swap the existing wheels (6 spokes) and if I have to change anything such as brakes etc

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked b4

Cheers

WJUK

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
The TF160 11 spoke wheels will fit any F or TF.

The red calipers will only fit under a small selection of wheels including the TF160 11 spokes.

So - if you want big disks with red calipers later, make sure you get the TF160 11 spokers first.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
wackojackouk said:
Hey guys

I'm still after a TF and as I'm quite picky I still haven't found the one I want until now.

Seen a nice TF with everything I want (Full leather, dark interior, hard top etc) but I really wanted the 11 spoke alloys I think they are the ones on the 160 with the red calipers etc.

Anyone know roughly how much it would cost to swap the existing wheels (6 spokes) and if I have to change anything such as brakes etc

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked b4

Cheers

WJUK
Around £4-£500 for a good set of eleven spokes with decent tyres, around £250-£300 for AP calipers/disc`s pads + fitting (or free if you DIY)

Above based on e-bay prices.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sprinter said:
The TF160 11 spoke wheels will fit any F or TF.

The red calipers will only fit under a small selection of wheels including the TF160 11 spokes.

So - if you want big disks with red calipers later, make sure you get the TF160 11 spokers first.
Cheers Sprinter

Any idea what sort of cost the alloys/wheels will set me back

and also do i need new discs etc with those calipers (im a non techie)

plsu any idea wot the original 6 spokes would fetch me?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
The standard 6 square spoke wheels can be 15" or 16". The current value is about 2 balloons and a windmill. I have a set in my shed at the moment from when I upgraded to TF160 11's.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sprinter said:
The standard 6 square spoke wheels can be 15" or 16". The current value is about 2 balloons and a windmill. I have a set in my shed at the moment from when I upgraded to TF160 11's.
lol thanks for the advice. I've seen a set on fleabay of the six spokes about £140 at the moment so I'll get an idea of how much they are worth on there.

1 more question though - could i just chuck the 11 spokers on without doing anything else and then change the discs/calipers later?

WJUK

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
yes you can just chuck them on - I've just upgraded my calipers today after having my 160 wheels on for a few months

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
wackojackouk said:
Cheers Sprinter

Any idea what sort of cost the alloys/wheels will set me back

and also do i need new discs etc with those calipers (im a non techie)

plsu any idea wot the original 6 spokes would fetch me?

Cheers guys

:happy: ..........

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
James C said:
Probably a daft question, but the AP brakes will work ok without ABS won't they?
Yep! Daft question and..

Yep! They do. :getcoat:

(I only know this though as the original Trophies never came with ABS.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts