MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the grille with chrome/stainless mesh and also the mesh under the bumper on the wife's 200 vi. I have seen a number on here modified like that and I thnk it will look much better against the anthracite paint.

Can this be done in situ, or is it necesary to take the bumper off.

Anyone done a guide to this mod, and also where is the best source of the mesh itself?

cheers....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I want to replace the grille with chrome/stainless mesh and also the mesh under the bumper on the wife's 200 vi. I have seen a number on here modified like that and I thnk it will look much better against the anthracite paint.

Can this be done in situ, or is it necesary to take the bumper off.

Anyone done a guide to this mod, and also where is the best source of the mesh itself?

cheers....
+1 i am interested in doing that. Will also change the bumper mesh aswell if i change the one in the rover bit between the lights

·
Registered
281 Posts
you will definately have to remove your bumper, for the bottom mesh you cut a rectangle the same size as the original grille and you just push the mesh onto the nibs on the grille. for the top one its a bit tricky because you have to do quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit but you have to take the grille off the bumper and then the white plastic thing off with the fins on, and cut off all the fins, thencut the mesg to a rough size of the grille and then trim it around and make sure you snip the bits that get in the way of the screw holes. then you just wedge the mesh between the grille and white plastic thing.

you can get the mesh from halfords for £30 and its plenty to do both.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you dont have to remove the bumper if you don't mind it being a bit fiddly.
but it is possible did both mine with out taking it off. just need to remove the black surround on the bonett catch then use one of those small philips screwdrivers to remove the screws for the grill.

·
Registered
281 Posts
you dont have to but its much easier if you do and its not hard to remove the bumper, 2 10mm nuts behind the mudguard under the arches one on each side, 3 10mm bolts under the bumper and another 10mm behind the number plate, and the plastic 10mm nuts ontop aswell and it pulls off easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes it is easier with yhe bumper off but if your like me and still need to use the car take off the grill and then you can take your time with it. mine took over three days but i colour coded mine too and was well pleased with it.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
you dont have to but its much easier if you do and its not hard to remove the bumper, 2 10mm nuts behind the mudguard under the arches one on each side, 3 10mm bolts under the bumper and another 10mm behind the number plate, and the plastic 10mm nuts ontop aswell and it pulls off easy.
Think you missed a few bolts there, is it not 3 either side on the bottom of the bumper making 6? and then a few on top where the bonnet catch is?

·
Registered
281 Posts
erm theres four plastic ones ontop of the bumper and 3 bolts underneath near the centre and there are a few screws on each side at the bottom hold the plastic guard onto the bumper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts