MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my MGF project, the original plate had been removed and a replacement sourced (but not fitted). Thus I do not know how it came apart!

Thinking that this was one of the more obvious jobs, I fitted the Clutch Master Cylinder to the plate and then fitted the plate to the bulkhead with its 6 bolts. I then put the 3 bolts that go through both the plate and the webs of the pedal assembly into place and got myself into the driver's footwell to fit the nuts. But the ends of the bolts seem to be pretty unaccessible?

Is there an easier way? Is it possible to fit the pedal assembly to the plate and then lower the pedal assembly through the hole in the bulkhead?

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Is there an easier way? Is it possible to fit the pedal assembly to the plate and then lower the pedal assembly through the hole in the bulkhead?
No idea I am afraid, but I guess thee is only one way to find out?

Good luck.

·
Registered
97 BRG MGF. 2009 SKODA SUPERB.
488 Posts
When I purchased my MGF project, the original plate had been removed and a replacement sourced (but not fitted). Thus I do not know how it came apart!

Thinking that this was one of the more obvious jobs, I fitted the Clutch Master Cylinder to the plate and then fitted the plate to the bulkhead with its 6 bolts. I then put the 3 bolts that go through both the plate and the webs of the pedal assembly into place and got myself into the driver's footwell to fit the nuts. But the ends of the bolts seem to be pretty unaccessible?

Would it make the job easier if the seat was removed to give you more room? just a thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@IanMc took your advice and it worked great. Having undone the pedals from the bulkhead, I was able to fit the master cylinder to the plate and then lift the plate about 70mm which gave me room (just about) to reach through anf fit the 3 M8 nuts and bolts plus the clucth master cylinder pin and clip. No footwell time required at all and it only took about 45mins. Result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts