MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, when I bought my car it had an after market KnN lookalike air filter which I think looks tacky.

I would like to reinstate an original air box but not having anything to act as a guide other that the online Manual which is not a lot of help. (not very clear)
My car is a 2002 MG TF 1.6
1/ will any MGF/TF filter box fit?
2/ can anyone post a couple of pictures showing the position of the box and the hoses?
3/ does anyone want a KnN lookalike air filter that's a bit rusty around the edges? :)

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,949 Posts
The TF air box is a pretty straight forward fit if the brackets are still in place, any of the TF models will fit, the 160 airbox has an addtinal air intake I beleive. The F air box has an additional resonator box so is unlikely to fit...if you can find one which hasn't been cut out!.

I may have some pictures somewhere, I'll have to have a look though :p

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I never can understand why people would remove their existing air filter housing, then replace it with those hideous creations of universal bends, cheap hose clips and cone filters set ups.
Most of them end up sucking in warm air as the kit doesn't contain enough pipe to get the filter to a place where it can draw cool air. You might as well just throw your money in the bin...

My Son had one such abomination on his Fiesta S when he bought it, we ripped it all off and now its quieter, neater under the bonnet and goes better!

All that is needed is to buy a performance panel filter to replace the original filter in the original housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts