MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My 75 came with 17" rims, and the tyres are Goodyear Eagle 215/50R/17 91 W. These appear to be an unusual size with only the Goodyears Eagles matching exactly.

The current set have completed 35K miles in 20 months, and are admittedly a bit slim on tread now.

I have used Michelins on a bike with no problems ( although they get changed every 5K), but I am lost as to what to replace the current Eagles with.

Most of my driving is on Motorway's/A Roads with limited town driving at weekends. Prices appear to be around £150 - £180 a tyre for this wheel size.

Any advise on what to use?

Thanks

Doug

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
That size (havn't time to check tech specs) doesn't look right to me.

Should be a 45 or 40 profile, I reckon.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I turned up at the tyre shop having ordered 195/65R/15 thinking it was the standard on the 75 based on the shops website, only to be told they were the wrong size. Checked myself today so I could search for tyres and 215/50R/17 91 W was in fact the actual tyre size. Car was originally ordered for Brunei or somewhere similar, so somethings did not match UK Spec (like absent traffic master).

Quickfit show only the Goodyear Eagle NCT5 as a match, but should I actually go for an aspect of 45, or up the width to 225 with an aspect of 45 as I get a lot more choice? (eg Michelin currently have a 4 for 3 offer)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try this site!!!

I have a ZT-T with R18 and had great success with

www.mytyres.co.uk

I have had a look at the size that you stated and they range from £55 ish to £148.

I Bought from this company and they were delivered to my door no hassle, no fuss. Just and extra £30 to get them fitted and balanced.

Obviously the cheaper ones are non named but i bought Federal tyres for mine and they are good, the car used to be fitted with Continentals (supposedly good) they completed 15K (yeah 15K) from new in 2.5 years (yeah 2.5 years) and were bald .£200 per tyre wasnt worth the cost so i bought cheap and they are quiet and good grip on wet, Dry and icey.

Have a look its worth it...

Regards

CRAZYMAB

·
Registered
324 Posts
My 75's got star spoke 17" rims and I have 215/50/R17 tyres. I use Hankook Ventus Sport K104's. I do 36 miles of motorway driving a day and I think they're spot on, giving very good grip and stability at speed. I would recommend you have a look at them - especialy when you consider they're 57 quid each from mytires.com!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts