MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just startde doing the sepakers in my 75 do the original speakers have a cross over as i cant find them in the door. to make life easer i'm reusing the cable that is already in the doors and presumed ther would be a cross over in the doors as the old speakers are componant speakers but i cannot find them.

·
Registered
rover_75
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kandyman said:
reading thru the "how to" http://www.mg-rover.org/articles/showart.php?ArtID=439 it dont seem to mention anything about x overes
thats what i thought but there are 2 sets of wires comming from the speakesr one from the main speaker and one from the tweeter and these go all the way back into the car as 4 wires rather then being joined or using a cross over.

just want to make sure i get this right, should i be looking for a cross over to replace?

·
Registered
mg_zt
129 Posts
Very good question

A very good question! I too have been asking myself this! And I'm soon about to replace the standard speakers with a nice set of MB Quart components with a dedicated crossover. But how is the standard speaker system set up?? There must be a crossover somewhere, and as the connection cables for both the woofer and tweeter apparently leaves the door separately, it should hide somewhere else than in the doors. But where!!?? Someone must have worked this out!

Ackel

·
Registered
rover_75
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just been told that the front door crossovers are passive and built into the back of the original tweeter. it's not realy a cross over it's a capicator that filters out the low end and only lets the high through so on saturday i'll finish sorting out the front doors and have a nice stereo again

·
Registered
mg_zt
129 Posts
sph060977 said:
just been told that the front door crossovers are passive and built into the back of the original tweeter. it's not realy a cross over it's a capicator that filters out the low end and only lets the high through so on saturday i'll finish sorting out the front doors and have a nice stereo again
But then it's strange that both speakers' cables run out through the door.
Anyway, this basic capacitor 'crossover' is quite common in factory set ups.

I hope that you report back in the forum when you've made the change! Good luck!

Ackel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts