MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any body tell me how to re-fit the rear seats base on my rover 75 saloon as i reacently had the fuel pump renewed and they took the seats out to get at it but did not replace them and i am having trouble putting them back in.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
There are four sets of clips that the seat base goes into. 2 front and 2 back. You have to put the seat into the rear ones first and then the front.

Try this:

hold the front edge of the seta up about six inches then push the seat base downwards and to the rear-then get a helper to push the rear of the base fully down whiule you pull the base forwards. This wil lallow the seat to clip into the rear clips.

Then just push the front of the seat firmly onto the front clips.

Best to look at the rear clips so you see exactly what you are trying to do.

hth

Mike :)

Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
ian_allen said:
can any body tell me how to re-fit the rear seats base on my rover 75 saloon as i reacently had the fuel pump renewed and they took the seats out to get at it but did not replace them and i am having trouble putting them back in.
What went wrong with the pump then?

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
I'm trying to get mine Out at the mo but it's proving difficult. Can't seem to push them back far enough to free the rear clips.Any suggestions Alex? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello thanks for your advice but we are still having problems locating the back clips. the seat dont appear to go back far enough for the metal rods to hook over the clips. do you know of anyone in the nottingham area who may be able to help hands on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts