MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one to let the rain spoil play over the weekend, I finally got around to getting the hood cleaned and reproofed, velcro'd the loose carpets down, tweaked the roof seals so she's now waterproof again, adjusted the new storm hood so it actually fits and then to top it all finished off restoring the rear screen to its former glory.

here are the results:

I think you'll agree that it looks pretty darn good :D Not bad for £5 bottle and some elbow grease.

Next little job is to paint the rear calipers. Need to wait for a dry weekend for that however...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Pretty good mate, I used this stuff on my OH's TF rear screen. It seemed to be caked in what looked like smoke buildup from a smoker. After 3-4 goes it came up like new! ;)

May do mine with the stuff but mine is very clear anyway. Looked after it as prefer it to the glass but be interesting to see how much difference it makes on a looked after screen.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 3-4 goes it came up like new! ;)
yeah, it took at least three goes to get it looking top notch. Also made a huge difference doing the inside as well, even if it was a complete nightmare to get my arm around the hoops LOL

result was worth it :)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Next little job is to paint the rear calipers. Need to wait for a dry weekend for that however...
Or just find a garage ;) Do you want some rear caliper paint? Think I might have some red halfords caliper paint kit (Cleaning spray, paint + hardener) left over... more than enough for the rears (5+ coats on each!)

comes up this colour

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or just find a garage ;)
was going to do that but didnt want to make a huge mess in mine with the brake cleaner fluid stuff and opted for leaving it for a weekend where I could just get it on the drive. Also a warmer weekend means quicker drying times :)

Those look great :D have you got the AP front brakes? The only thing stopping me from doing it is the halfrauds stuff looks gloss and the AP blocks I have a decidedly matt. Wondered if it would look odd is all.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Those look great :D have you got the AP front brakes? The only thing stopping me from doing it is the halfrauds stuff looks gloss and the AP blocks I have a decidedly matt. Wondered if it would look odd is all.
AP's are a satin/matt finish as standard but I did mine with a gloss and looks Ok!.;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not a bad solution, I'll have to consider it :D

and omg, how shiney are the arches. Way to go on the cleaning ;)

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
:eek:mg: Crickey Mark how the hell do you manage to keep the arches and subframe looking so clean? Looks brand new under there !
A wire brush and some nice satin black underbody spray helps!...:rolleyes:

It looked like this before.:shake:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, thats a great tip :D

might have to pick me up some of that spray at the same time as the brakes

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I painted mine black last saturday Zilla by using renovo reviver and reproofed on sunday. Mine looks like new but there are some tidemarks even though i was very quick in painting, this job requires some craftiness with the brush. I am hoping it will be better after a few washes.

And Mark what a great job there!

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah, it took at least three goes to get it looking top notch. Also made a huge difference doing the inside as well, even if it was a complete nightmare to get my arm around the hoops LOL

result was worth it :)
what stuff did you use on the screen ?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as the title of the thread says : Renovo Screen Cleaner :)

its approx £5 per bottle. You dont need much, just requires a few passes at it and a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the greygate plastic polish?

its almost exactly the same stuff to be honest. Same price, same result :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Zilla did this take out a few of the minor scratches as well? Mine has a few and although they are minor I would like to try and get rid of them if possible.

Cheers....

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
the greygate plastic polish?

its almost exactly the same stuff to be honest. Same price, same result :)
In which case I'll stick with Mer polish which is cheaper, easier to use (less elbow grease), smells better and gives same results. If I run out of Mer I dig out my bottle of Greygate just to use it up :lol:

Good job thogh, looks great. To get around the hoops, take an old towel, lay over rear valence, zip out window and lay backwards onto towel. Clean inside fairly easily and then zip back into place. Job's a good 'un

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
...Good job thogh, looks great. To get around the hoops, take an old towel, lay over rear valence, zip out window and lay backwards onto towel. Clean inside fairly easily and then zip back into place. Job's a good 'un
I did that, although you can't easily get into the corners unless the hood is up, ended up easier to do with the roof under tension.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts