MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get hold of a copy of the pre-facelift brochure for the Renault Megane Coupe-Convertible (up to 2004/2005 models) either electronically or a hard copy.

Can anyone help with this? Looked on ebay, and theres only a couple on there and auctions are ending in a few days, and I need to be able to get some info from the brochure before that.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That link is cracking, exactly what i'm after. Ive been offered a PCP lease on a diesel dynamique model, and want to get some info on the spec etc.

Cheers for your help guys

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a good deal that ive been offered too. providing I pass the finance check. Someone on here may be able to clarify a question I have about it actually.....

The car I am (hopefully) going to order is the 1.5DCi 105bhp. However, the current spec model for the UK is the 106bhp.

I was under the impression that this would mean I would be getting a car that had been built and stood around (i.e not been sold). However, after speaking to a dealer, he has said that the 105 bhp model is sold in Belgium. This would suggest the model is still being built, and after speaking to the pcp comapny it would appear this could be the case, as the car will be a 'factory order'.

In that case, although I will be reveiving an imported model, I will only have it for 2 years meaning I get the full warranty (this has been confirmed by the pcp company) full breakdown assistance etc, but the added bonus of getting the 2006 facelifted model, and only losing 1bhp in performance in comparison with the UK equivelent model.

It also helps that the offer I have been given is £80 per month cheaper than the 106 bhp 1.5dci model.

Sound like a good deal? Or is there anything I should watch out for?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I thought. Its definitely RHD.

Must be built to belgian spec, but as a RHD. Unless I have been given duff info by the dealer I spoke to and theres no such thing as a Belgian spec C-C?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
sounds like they're trying to get rid of some old/lower spec models and thats how they're selling them, why inhell would renault belguim have rhd cars, def sounds like old stock to me

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
I didn't think there ever was a 105 bhp model was there. Are you sure the model you are getting isn't just a 106 bhp with the figures rounded up/down after being traqnslated from ps or whatever they use in foreign lands?

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
a main dealer will tell you any story to make you avoid an import. the men working in there are not experts in cars and I shouldn't think would know anything about belgian brake horse powers. the diferences with imports will generally be one year less warranty, no recovery package, sometimes no alarm or locking wheelnuts. otherwise should be identical.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pcp company offer a full RAC breakdown service for the length of the contract, the vehicle has warranty for duration of contract, which is 2 years in length, so yes it would definitely be possible that the car has a warranty period shorter than the usual 3 years.

You're right about the dealers I think, I have been to 3 different renault franchises and the closest they can get to the price I have been quoted for this model is £80 per month more

I'll see if I can get any more info from the pcp guys - all they have said so far is that the car is the Dynamique 1.5DCi (105 bhp), and that I can choose any colour as its going to be a factory order.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Parkers says "Other units have joined the line-up since launch, with a 2.0-litre turbo unit with 165bhp adding a bit more punch to the range and 1.5 and 2.0-litre diesels adding extra options from 2006 too."
So sounds as if the 1.5D would be a new model.
However, 105BHP in that? Its not going to do much is it? It weighs the best part of 1.5 tonnes!

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
cjwburley said:
The pcp company offer a full RAC breakdown service for the length of the contract, the vehicle has warranty for duration of contract, which is 2 years in length, so yes it would definitely be possible that the car has a warranty period shorter than the usual 3 years.

You're right about the dealers I think, I have been to 3 different renault franchises and the closest they can get to the price I have been quoted for this model is £80 per month more

I'll see if I can get any more info from the pcp guys - all they have said so far is that the car is the Dynamique 1.5DCi (105 bhp), and that I can choose any colour as its going to be a factory order.
I am 99% certain that this will be the exact same engine as the UK one, just described differently, if you need to know any info its best NOT to ask a main dealer cus they will tell you its made of paper instead of steel and might blow away, if they think they will earn the £1k or so commision and not an importer. I would say a qurter of all Megane CCs you see on the road are imports and have no probs, and if the worst comes to the worst, its on a pcp so you can just give it back!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well . . . . I've taken the plunge and put an order in for a Megane C-C over a 24 month Personal Contract Hire agreement.

Looks like its going to be a fun car to have for a couple of years.

I get my delivery date tomorrow . . . . . .

Anyone want to buy a 214iS??! :D

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
cjwburley said:
Well . . . . I've taken the plunge and put an order in for a Megane C-C over a 24 month Personal Contract Hire agreement.

Looks like its going to be a fun car to have for a couple of years.

I get my delivery date tomorrow . . . . . .

Anyone want to buy a 214iS??! :D
Well done. What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
'Eclipse' its a dark grey. Ive see 2 or 3 showroom models in this colour and it looks superb, and not so many of these on the road as there are black ones!

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
cjwburley said:
'Eclipse' its a dark grey. Ive see 2 or 3 showroom models in this colour and it looks superb, and not so many of these on the road as there are black ones!
I think thats the best colour myself, looks as good as black but is rarer and easier to keep clean. Much nicer than all the silver and gold ones. let us know how you get on when it arrives.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts