MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok managed to unclip the 12v wire that connects it. but removing the actual holder is a different story, its a silver insert surround in an orange case and i cant remove this.

The reason i want to do this is becuase i have a set of neons for my footwells coming. and the cigarette lighter adapter plugs directly into this. (im too lazy to chop wires). hence when it arrives i can tuck the cigar socket, neon cigar adapter and all wires behind the dash. I have moulded a replacement circle from aluminium to replace the hole.

Also I wish to respray my dash blue, the part shown in the pic. how do i remove it? I have found the two screws at each side, but this doesnt seem to be enough

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
finally, unknown to me on my 214 there is a small black clip that keeps the socket in place behind the dash, needless to say i had to "gently prise" this away :p and out it came

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm gonna assume, the part you wanna spray is the plastic surrounding the radio/heater controls.

The two screws that you have found, on the sides of the dash section, are just at the footwells. One either side.

There are also two screws in the little section there tha electric window switches are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts