MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way of removing fuel from the fuel tank of my partially stripped 214 SEi?

Can't use the engine, as half of it has been sold/stripped!!

Where is the fuel pump? Is it mechanical and run by the engine, or electrical that can be run off a battery to syphon the tank?

Dad wants to emty the tank, to put the fuel into his petrol lawnmower!!:broon:

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
mg_zs
718 Posts
just syphon it out with a bit of hose ipe mate,
keep sucking till it comes out and let the weight of itself push most of it out then just disconnect a fuel line and catch the rest. at least that way it wont gush out

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just syphon it out with a bit of hose ipe mate,
keep sucking till it comes out and let the weight of itself push most of it out then just disconnect a fuel line and catch the rest. at least that way it wont gush out
Think i'll let my dad get a mouth full of petrol then!!!

Would be nice to see, if there was a better tasting way of doing things tho.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've tried syphoning from my car and couldn't do it - the tube wouldn't go down into the tank. All I got was fumes - not nice! lol.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
On my 220 Wedge, I connected a positive feed to the inertia switch behind the centre console and the fuel pump started pumping. I undid the fuel pipe from the fuel rail?? and connected a longer peice of pipe. I then fed into my freelander and operated until air bubbles appeared and the flow of fuel stopped.

Got about another 10 / 12 litres as the pointer fell below the red section.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cut the fuel line under the car (lowest point), and catch in a pot. It's a scrapper ain't it? Saves getting petrol in your mouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts