MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the MG badge in the middle of the grill and also on the boot lid on the MG ZT???? Oh and also how much do they usually cost to replace?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure on the best method for removal, but they are always available on ebay for sale, normally for less than £10 a pop.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How do you remove the MG badge in the middle of the grill and also on the boot lid on the MG ZT???? Oh and also how much do they usually cost to replace?

To remove the one on the boot gentle wiggle a credit card underneath it, when you have got it under a few mils spray WD40 or similar underneath then gently prize it up, peel off then if you have some light scratches rub in a polishing compound to remove them. Not too much that you remove paint obviously. As for the front I am not sure if it's screwed in place or glued (you never said which MK it is?) I would say try gently prize a flat headed screwdriver behind it you will probably find it will just pop off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To remove the one on the boot gentle wiggle a credit card underneath it, when you have got it under a few mils spray WD40 or similar underneath then gently prize it up, peel off then if you have some light scratches rub in a polishing compound to remove them. Not too much that you remove paint obviously. As for the front I am not sure if it's screwed in place or glued (you never said which MK it is?) I would say try gently prize a flat headed screwdriver behind it you will probably find it will just pop off.
Its the Mk1 thanks for the advice I think I will try the credit card thing on the front too

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
try using a hair dryer to soften the glue

Good bit of lateral thinking I was going to say a heat gun, as professional sprayers would use one to remove badges prior to painting but not many people have those to hand. A hair dryer is basically the same thing!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just changed mine, Hairdryer to heat up glue, then lever off is normal method.
I drilled hole in centre, not too deep, then levered off from middle after heating, [saves marking paint] Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts