MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
new proud owner of a 2002 tf sprint. I plan on tinkering with if during may and starting using it in June. Unfortunately no book pack with the car so I dont know if there is any process before removing the battery so that I dont permanently immobilise the car. it has remote locking and the fob works. Any fob/ key manoeuvres to undertake before taking the battery out?
thanks all
jim

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I had a 02 TF and its the lucas system. I think youre safe as I would have had the battery out of mine over the years and b=never had a problem/didnt have to re-sync keys. Last year It wasnt used for 5 months due to Covid restrictions- I prepalced the battery as the car was out on the road and it was fine. I just never got back to work and sold it (and another car) as my world changed during the pandemic. Now down to one car and due to restrictions and fear/concern for others- hardly use that one. A months no use and you will be fine, battery out.

Reactions: Jim Sharp

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,116 Posts
You can just disconnect the battery, when you reconnect the battery the car’s alarm will probably sound. Lock the drivers door with the key and then press the unlock button on fob multiple time’s until the door unlocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts