MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need to remove the wiper arm on my R 75 to facilitate the replacement of a new polon filter. I have remover th 14nn nut but dont wat to force anything! any tips please. Tony.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Wiper arm

I think I need to remove the wiper arm on my R 75 to facilitate the replacement of a new polon filter. I have remover th 14nn nut but dont wat to force anything! any tips please. Tony.
Tony. You do not need to remove the wiper arms at all to replace the pollen filter. Do a search and you will find the method.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Tony,

Crofts is correct, you do not need to remove the wiper arm.

Remove the 3 plugs at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side, remove the top plastic cover above the bulkhead at the rear of the engine - this is passenger side also, there is a small plastic screw that needs removing at the front of the plastic cover that is now visible, remove the trim (to about half way across) that runs at the front of the cover. You then need to lift and pull the cover away from the car, it takes a bit of pulling to slide it out away from under the middle cover. Once this cover is removed you have direct access to your ECU, pollen filter and plenum drain. You should know how to access here for routine checks of the plenum drain as they are known to block and can flood the ECU. Before replacing the cover you can do the spyhole mod (do a search) which will make checking the drain easier in the future.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi the wiper arm is held on with the nut you have removed, underneath this is a conical shaped piece of aluminum that needs to be lifted out. Be careful when you replace the arm so you dont do what I did and droped the plastic cover into the main plenum drain. It rolled under the brake survo and had to remove the wiper motor to get at it as it found its way into the fourth plenum drain. If you take all this of it might be worth checking the extra drain as you cant see this one with a spy hole.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Check the drain under the servo from below the car. You are making a lot of work for yourself removing wiper blades and motors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts