MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure something similar would have been posted here in the past, but here goes-
I've just bought a 1998 400 but it's only come with one key and one remote. How do go about getting another one? Seen the blank keys on ebay so will purchase one of those and get it cut. There's also 2nd hand fobs on there but they'll need setting up for my car, how do I get this done?
I'm in Notts if anyone knows anywhere local where I can get it sorted.
Many thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. A lot of the post I've looked at mention getting a fob off ebay and taking it to a dealer for reprogramming. I didn't think there were any Rover dealers anymore due to them going bust - or am I just being ignorant?
If I am does anybody know anywhere in the Notts/Derbys area where I can get one reprogrammed?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
there are a number of places, any xpart service centre should be able to do this for you.

try sending lates a PM - i'm sure he has the kit to do it.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks once again. Found a link in another post to xpart, have just emailed them.
It's all a bit annoying really becaused the bloke I bought the car from is positive he has the other fob somewhere, he even told me the buttons on it are more worn than the one he gave me etc, but he's mislaid it.
Hope he finds the bugger but I bet he doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts