MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey look here - both MG and Rover registrations were higher in May 2006 compared to May 2005!

please find the attached files from the SMMT. The excel document has registrations as per manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,926 Posts
Levelling out after initial over reaction in April 2005.

I have already noted the number of new or newish MGs and Rovers in my firms car park. More than when the company was up and running .... out of time and funds.

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
hey look here - both MG and Rover registrations were higher in May 2006 compared to May 2005!

please find the attached files from the SMMT. The excel document has registrations as per manufacturer.
I can't open the file. Is there any other way to see the figures? Are there many more MGRs left to be registered, perhaps on the new 56 plate?

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:
visit the following website and click on the may 2006 sales figure report and you can download it for free:

www.smmt.co.uk
Thanks for that, good site and I've found all the figures now. Anyone know when the unregistered rover s and MGs will dry up?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
James Riley said:
Interesting to note that MINI is still not selling as many cars as the Rover 100/Metro did in it's 15th + year in the UK.
Hardly surprising is it? The average MINI is costing around £15k when a Fiesta (the 100 equivalent) is about £9K!

They are aiming at 250K sales. It's the biggest global marketing success of the decade other than the rise of the Koreans. And its British made.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
James Riley said:
Interesting to note that MINI is still not selling as many cars as the Rover 100/Metro did in it's 15th + year in the UK.
At least compare like for like when doing comparisons.

·
Registered
mg_zt
349 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:

Didn't the banks put a stop on dealers being able to sell a lot of the stock in the months after the crash; hence the low registrations in May 05?

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Damen said:
In what way is it not like for like - both superminis - the fact that BMW choose to charge the earth for it makes no difference. And anyway, as I recall the Metro/100 wasn't particulary cheap in it's day all things considered.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Damen said:
Or we could of course compare with the Real Mini, which in the last few years of it's life, managed similar UK sales..... if that isnt like for like I dont know what it.

Thenn of course theres the Original Mini's 300-400,000 yearly output in the 70's, some 10 years after it's arrival..... I could go on....

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And anyway, as I recall the Metro/100 wasn't particulary cheap in it's day all things considered.
I recall the 100 series starting at £6495 and ending at the £9000 mark. Sales of the 100 series in the UK peaked at 52,000 in 1995, enough to earn it 10th position in the chart may I add.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi everyone

Well I was in Berlin last week and I spotted 22 Rovers and 4 mg,s and nearly a dozen of the Rovers were the updated versions.

p.s oh nearly forgot and one brand new LDV Convoy

·
Registered
36,581 Posts
MetroGtiowner said:
Hi everyone

Well I was in Berlin last week and I spotted 22 Rovers and 4 mg,s and nearly a dozen of the Rovers were the updated versions.

p.s oh nearly forgot and one brand new LDV Convoy
well done! In months in Berlin I never saw that many...not even in the dealerships! Does make you wonder how things could have been different...

and I cannot recall EVER having seen a Sherpa or LDV in Germany...though moons ago, I have seen the curvy "Mr. Whippy" Bedford van badged as a Bedford Blitz...

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
1,005 Posts
patpending said:
well done! In months in Berlin I never saw that many...not even in the dealerships! Does make you wonder how things could have been different...

and I cannot recall EVER having seen a Sherpa or LDV in Germany...though moons ago, I have seen the curvy "Mr. Whippy" Bedford van badged as a Bedford Blitz...
Saw a LDV convoy in Iceland last week. Land Rover doing Ok there. A few MINIS. No MGR

1 - 20 of 37 Posts