Coolant bleed procedure (all vehicles with K8 & K16 series engine):
1. Ensure all hose connections are tight following any engine repair or service coolant drain.
2. Locate the inlet manifold bleed valve and remove bleed hose from valve.
Connect a suitable tube to the valve spout and blow through to ensure valve pin is not sticking.
Remove tube from valve spout, refit bleed hose and secure with clip.
3. Turn heater temperature control to maximum heat position.
4. Remove bleed screw and sealing washer from coolant rail
5. Prepare coolant to required concentration
6. Fill system slowly until a steady flow of coolant is emitted from the bleed point.
7. Refit bleed screw to coolant rail and tighten to 9 Nm.
8. Continue filling system until coolant level reaches the expansion tank neck.
9. Models with A/C; Ensure air conditioning is switched off.
10. With expansion tank cap off, start and run engine at 1500 – 2500 rev/min.
Fill expansion tank as necessary to maintain coolant level just below expansion tank neck.
When coolant starts to rise up expansion tank neck, due to heat expansion, fit expansion tank cap.
11. Continue running engine at 1500 – 2500 rev/min until cooling fan comes on. Then run engine at idle speed until cooling fan stops.
12. Switch off engine and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
13. Check cooling system for leaks.
14. Remove expansion tank cap and, if necessary, top-up coolant to MAX level.
WARNING: Do not remove the filler cap from the coolant expansion tank while the system is hot.