MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite guys. I have a 1995 214 SEi wedge.
Yesterday i changed the metal coolant pipe that runs from thermostat housing around the back of the block to a rubber hose coming from bottom of rad. My question is i suspect I have an air lock so whats the best way to fill/bleed it all??
Thanks.

·
Registered
montego
40 Posts
Hi BEC214, I dont know if it is the same, but on my MG ZR there is a bleed screw in the metal hose between the air filter housing and the engine. You can get to it if you remove the top off the air filter. Undo this and fill with coolant, when all the bubbles stop and pure coolant comes out, tighten screw up and fill to max mark. Run engine with cap off until it is at normal temp and no bubbles are coming into expansion tank, then fit and tighten cap. Check it after a run and top up if needed. Hope this helps. Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you still have problems, on the inlet manifold there is a leak off pipe going into it just next to the cambelt cover. inside the manifold there is a ball bearing. remove it and it will bleed easier. you may need to unbolt the manifold to do this but they are fairly straight forward

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.