MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Steve220 said:
its actuator pressure Dan, IIRC. I personally thought it was higher than that. But guess not.
Steve
Can you explain? Im not very technical.

Im only interested cause im looking at the transplant myself at the moment. Oh and im gonna keep popping questions into people as i want to learn about these things and stop just thinking "what??"

Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice. What mods do you have to get that then ???

What is actuator pressure. Sorry for my stupidity but i really dont know and need to learn these things. Cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you better off asking ste those ones im not to hot on my knowledge bout my new engine yet, all i need to know is its quick and it goes tish!!! lol

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
Dan - basically it is what the actuator is set to. This is the part of the turbo that controls the bypass valve or 'Wastegate' of exhaust gasses past the turbine housing, therefore controlling boost. The longer the wastegate stays shut for when spooling up (turbo getting faster) the higher the boost. If it opens early, then low boost. The actuator is set to a psi as standard just incase the boost controller (or BMV in rover's case) fails.
HTH
Steve

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't see how you can get 197bhp at 6psi when a standard engine is modulated to run from 6-11psi and wont see 197bhp until 11psi. Is this not a standard setup or did they simply quote you wrong?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Steve220 said:
Dan - basically it is what the actuator is set to. This is the part of the turbo that controls the bypass valve or 'Wastegate' of exhaust gasses past the turbine housing, therefore controlling boost. The longer the wastegate stays shut for when spooling up (turbo getting faster) the higher the boost. If it opens early, then low boost. The actuator is set to a psi as standard just incase the boost controller (or BMV in rover's case) fails.
HTH
Steve
Thanks steve :minxy:

I will learn about these things if it kills me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where is this standard engine thing from?? it says mildly tweeked in the article, and it is mildly tweeked its got the breathing mods and a few little bits on a reconditioned engine, all i can say is i saw it on the rollers, and i got the sheet, i knew this would happen, it happened with my old engine too when i posted the RR read out.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
It always happens with some ppl :rolleyes: I think its a really nice car, nice to see ya getting magazine coverage.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry mate im not doubting your power just interested. You hear so many differing things about the t series turbo you never know whats what. I know nothing about engines and am just learnign so i have no room to question anyone.

Your rims are really nice by the way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
PorKa200Is said:
where is this standard engine thing from?? it says mildly tweeked in the article, and it is mildly tweeked its got the breathing mods and a few little bits on a reconditioned engine, all i can say is i saw it on the rollers, and i got the sheet, i knew this would happen, it happened with my old engine too when i posted the RR read out.

Wind your neck back in I only asked if the engine was standard or not.

You say chips, I say peas....chips,.....peas,......chips,......peas

·
Registered
mg_maestro
701 Posts
PorKa200Is said:
it was only at actuator pressure while it ran it, its at 12 psi now, hence 215 bhp
:)

So by doubling the boost pressure you have only gained 18bhp? Something seems amiss here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts