MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can any one tell me what the code number is for the red ap calipers on the TF as i have seen a set on ebay but the guys making out they will fit every car under the sun the ref that he gives is

CP7601

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I suspect that code is an AP part number, its certainly not and MG part number.
I suggest contacting AP Racing and seeing if they can help.
Judging by the pic they are certainly not OEM MG callipers though as they don't have 'MG' cast into the side.
I also know the F callipers wont 'bolt straight on to most Rover models' as he implies.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A PAIR OF BRAND NEW AP RACING ALLOY 4 POT BRAKE CALIPERS, WITH BRAND NEW PADS & FITTING KIT, NEVER FITTED TO A VEHICLE

PART NO CP 7601

THESE WILL FIT ALMOST ANY VEHICLE WITH SUITABLE MOUNTING BRACKETS (I WILL GIVE THE WINNING BIDDER THE CONTACT No FOR AN ENGINEERING CO THAT I USE, THEY MADE ME UP SOME BRACKETS TO FIT FERRARI CALIPERS TO MY FOCUS)

WILL ACCEPT UP TO 330MM DISCS

CALIPERS CAN BE MOUNTED EITHER LEADING OR TRAILING BY SIMPLY SWAPPING OVER THE TRANSFER PIPE

MOUNTING CENTRES ARE 80mm

ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT FOR THE MGF TROPHY

BOLTS STRAIGHT ON TO MOST ROVER MODELS ALTHOUGH YOU WOULD OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO BUY DISCS

I HAVE SEEN THESE FITTED TO ASTRA HUBS WITH MOUNTING BRACKETS, SO THEY WILL ALSO FIT THE CORSA, NOVA, CALIBRA ETC.

IDEAL FOR YOUR TRACK DAY SPECIAL, MAXED UP MOTOR, RACE OR RALLY CAR, FILL UP THAT GREAT BIG GAP THATS LEFT NOW YOUVE FITTED THEM BIG ALLOYS

AWESOME STOPPING POWER, GIVE YOURSELF THE EDGE
Errr... ok? :daft:
Should someone tell him to shut his pie hole?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
(I WILL GIVE THE WINNING BIDDER THE CONTACT No FOR AN ENGINEERING CO THAT I USE, THEY MADE ME UP SOME BRACKETS TO FIT FERRARI CALIPERS TO MY FOCUS)
:lol:

That begs the question... WHY!? :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well guess he bought them and found out it´s a hell of a job to get them to fit. Upon reselling, he wants a broad market, hence his tale:shake:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts