MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
21,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered another scrapyard over near Huntingdon today, which me and Tom went to.

He needed a fuel tank sender for his diesel ZS.

Went over there, all the cars are on concrete floor, and not stacked on top of each other.

Removed the sender, and also picked up a heater resister pack, for the grand total of a tenner!!!

This is where we went:

http://www.burtoncardisposal.co.uk/

Very friendly in there, need to wear a high viz vest.

Can wear your own, buy one for £2.50, or hire one for a £1. The £1 goes straight into a charity box, they have 3 to choose from.

Well recommended to visit :broon:

Cheers
Dave

· Registered
631 Posts
Yes been to Burtons a few times, and are OK, the last time I was there I wanted the fan resistor switch thing that's in the footwell and has 3 wire spring things to very the fan speed, sadly they were telling me that they are all the same on MG Rover cars and wouldn't take no for an answer when I told them on the MGF/TF they were not the same (and they are a different fit) there is a very good scrappy in Grantham called (I think) Traynors, Gorse Lane
Grantham NG31 7UE, was there a few weeks back (February) at the time they had 2 MG TF's and 2 MGF's, I got 2 electric mirrors for a tenner each and a wind stop for another tenner, so I tend to use them often

just to add, I have nothing to do with them just I've used them often

· Registered
631 Posts
I'll give it a try sometime. How are their prices?

Sent from my Nexus 4
if it's meant for me, as I say two electric mirrors were only @£10 a wind stop another £10 at the MG Show the other month a wind stop were going for £110 and I was told for cash I could of had one for £100, newer door cards @£15 that came with the tweeter speakers and was offered a complete MG TF soft top for £75, on the whole I think they are a bit better than most on price. went to one near Kettering as he said he had a MGT and when asked if it had electric mirrors he said yes, got there after a 30 mile drive and found out it didn't, then they tried to sell me two driver side electric mirrors @£20 each and when I told them that electric mirrors are made for left and right side ,they wouldn't accept it and were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about as they have never had a complaint before. fact is electric mirrors are sided for left and right, so you just got to make sure you know what's what

· Registered
4,924 Posts
if it's meant for me, as I say two electric mirrors were only @£10 a wind stop another £10 at the MG Show the other month a wind stop were going for £110 and I was told for cash I could of had one for £100, newer door cards @£15 that came with the tweeter speakers and was offered a complete MG TF soft top for £75, on the whole I think they are a bit better than most on price. went to one near Kettering as he said he had a MGT and when asked if it had electric mirrors he said yes, got there after a 30 mile drive and found out it didn't, then they tried to sell me two driver side electric mirrors @£20 each and when I told them that electric mirrors are made for left and right side ,they wouldn't accept it and were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about as they have never had a complaint before. fact is electric mirrors are sided for left and right, so you just got to make sure you know what's what
What one is that? About the only one round here worth its salt is Frank beales as his prices are fair but his stock is extremely hit an miss.

· Registered
7,188 Posts
Frank beales, desborough.

Little way out but worth the trip. He knows his stuff and has often lentcme a hand on dodgy bits, does part worn tyres and he is very cheap. I got a set of sdi injectors for £20 before now.

Take yer wellies and have a good walk round, a good old fashioned take it off yourself scrappy.

· Registered
965 Posts
The local one to me is good. near the roundabout at wereham. got a 52mm throtle body inc. alloy inlet manifold, injectors and coil packs and all sensors for £35. Just say you get a better deal for cash. they are really helpfull, spent a long time helping find and take off parts. they will also cut off panels ect.

· Registered
21,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went over there today. Very helpful. Certainly know their stuff. Booked my car in for full service and pre MOT check as i want to bring it up to spec and help ensure it lasts!
I'll let you know how the service goes.
Great to hear of good service from local companies, it's very reassuring.

Fancy coming to Peterborough on the 18th for a regional meet, see further down the thread page for more details.

Cheers
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.