MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo 200 Turbo Diesel 2 litre.

It feels really slow at the minute, maybe an induction kit will help gain me a few BHP, so it feels more powerful?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
right itsa rover 200 V plate turbo diesel, is it intercooled??

either way I'd just get a panel filter, we've shown numerous times you wont gain more than 30bhp on 200sdi and that can be achieved with rons tuning box. if its not intercooled then you are looking at hitting the upper limit at about 100bhp and a panel filter easily flows enough air for this

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AndBurG said:
right itsa rover 200 V plate turbo diesel, is it intercooled??

either way I'd just get a panel filter, we've shown numerous times you wont gain more than 30bhp on 200sdi and that can be achieved with rons tuning box. if its not intercooled then you are looking at hitting the upper limit at about 100bhp and a panel filter easily flows enough air for this
Not intercooled. 85BHP at mnute. No mods.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Not intercooled? yeah just crank up the boost and fuelling with a trusty flat blade and a good filter, should see some extra "oomph".

My 220D flew without any mods i thought at least...ran out of grunt higher speeds though :lol: Well, died really lol!

·
Registered
13 Posts
modify your original airbox with an extra hose for cold air feed (drill a hole in the airbox and put the hose through it) and get a panel filter ! It's way better than a open induction kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts