MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm on a TLC spree fixing bits on my TF.

The casing, wiring and lights are in great condition on my rear view mirror. But a significant part of the mirror backing on the glass has been removed and needs replacing.

It's easy enough to remove the mirror glass itself, as the plastic frame/bezel unclips. Unfortunately I've found out after researching that glass replacement for rear view mirrors doesn't seem to be a common thing.

On the off chance I'm wondering if anything knows of a company who might reapply mirror finish to glass or even if someone has done similar and they know another cheap rear mirror I could buy to steal the glass from.

Dimensions aren't detailed well on the description but this cheap mirror looks very similar size and shape and might be worth a shot - Backup Camera for Cars Interior Rear View Mirror ABS Housing 814842 for 107/206/106 Windscreen Mirror : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

But it's a long shot as it needs to be the exact same glass size.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I would say that other MGR’s of the same era might have used the same mirror glass - that is where I would start my search.

·
Registered
mg_tf
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say that other MGR’s of the same era might have used the same mirror glass - that is where I would start my search.
Yes, I think you're right there are a few ZR's and 25's on eBay selling the non-light version and there is a good chance the glass mirror is identical. For around a tenner this might be be a better bet. Thanks :)

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yes, I think you're right there are a few ZR's and 25's on eBay selling the non-light version and there is a good chance the glass mirror is identical. For around a tenner this might be be a better bet. Thanks :)
No problem - good luck.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,231 Posts
It is a good point made by Ian, I remember noticing when my dad ha a Rover 45 that the interior mirror assembly seemed to be identical to the F/TF.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
any good glazier would cut a mirror to the shape you need if you supply a template, sometimes a cheaper option than trying to get one second hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts