MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I got my rear speakers for my car today, problem is the connector already in the car is a black flat 4 prong part, but the connector on the speaker bar is a 4 prong 'block' connector, why would it be different? and is there any sort of adapter that I can buy?, or will I have to cut the wires and connect that way.
I must say, the last option isnt something i'd really want to do... Suggestions please... Thanks..

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
I would have thought the last one was the easiest option, but then I have crimps and crimping pliers. I would run new cables from the back of the head unit to the speakers in one continuous run. The more connections you have the more losses you have.

Have you got any photos so we can see what you mean?

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
If you get stuck and can wait a couple of weeks I can come and give you a hand. Or you can come up to mine next wednesday if you want.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
My son was faced with this when he changed the speakers in his ZS. We just bared a little insulation off the cables just before the plug and soldered in some new wires. Keeps original plug for retro if needed.

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
If that is the back of the bar then I would say red and brown are rear right and the yellowy/white/greeny ones (Professional electrical jargon there) are the rear left.

If you look at the ones on the back of your head unit you might be able to see which ones are which on the existing wiring.

Unfortunately, the only diagrams that I can find are for a 2 speaker system and a TF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts