MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can rear speakers be fitted in an MGF. Only just got mine:happy: . Can they be fitted in the rear shelf, where the hood sits when folded or is there not enough space under the plate B4 you hit the engine?

Might seem a silly question but hey this is my first MG so a little sympathy for my simpleton question

thanks
Mark

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
They can be fitted. The simplest way is to buy a T-bar and speaker box from a latter MGF/TF (which have rear speakers) and simply replace your current Tbar. Then its just a matter of wiring the speakers up.

This is the speaker box, and you then need the T-bar trim with speaker cover built into it to go over it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
As the others have said, it can be done fairly easily. I fitted mine this week along with a couple of mates. It's always useful to know someone knows electrics :) Try your local scrapyard, I picked up the speakers from a MY2000 F for £10! :bgrin2: We've plans to include a 'how to' in a forthcoming issue of FasTForward: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/runnymede-mgoc/mgpitfiles/FasTForward/FasTForward.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks very much for the quick response guys.....like the pic by stafainn.....looks damn cool...guess what i'm gonna be doing this week:rocker:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Stafainn said:
And here's a picture of them in place. Note that the leather finish is not standard.

Slightly off topic...But are those seats MGF Center ones? if so, whats the quality like?

Cheers

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
Pedro said:
Slightly off topic...But are those seats MGF Center ones? if so, whats the quality like?

Cheers
No there the standard MGR leather seat option.

I have them and the quality is OK I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts