MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just to let you know - I used the guy who advertised on ebay for a rear screen replacement for only £60. I was really happy with the repair. It uses a slightly thinner transparent (as opposed to green) screen. I personally think its worth the money (£580 from MG).

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ahdguy said:
Hi,

Just to let you know - I used the guy who advertised on ebay for a rear screen replacement for only £60. I was really happy with the repair. It uses a slightly thinner transparent (as opposed to green) screen. I personally think its worth the money (£580 from MG).
Anyone knows how this can be done??? any instructions????

Because going to England for replacement would be a pain.....

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Perry

Instructions for replacing the rear screen with it's surround can be found at http://www.softtopwindows.co.uk

An alternative source of screen material and fitting could be a boat yard or chandler. They are used to making covers for the cockpits of boats & launches and have large scale sewing facilities. They should be able to cut & sew a plastic replacement into an existing screen surround, if removed from the car. Also, tent repairers might be able to help - I have in the past used one to fit a transparent section (window) into a caravan awning.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Sprinter said:
Don't try and wind the SOGs up today. You will only be wasting your time and effort and pushing your blood pressure up needlessly. :cloud9:
PeteVick said:
I think you will find young lady that we SOG's are always helpful :=p:
I shall consider myself told off and shall allocate a punishment accordingly

:O

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
petevick said:
Please Sir, Deano, Sir, this thread is going off topic Sir please Sir :hyper::drool::URGOD:

ps, err, what might the punishment be Lorna ???
Creep.

The punishment was for me not you!!! I haven't decided you.

PS Sorry Deano :err:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
David

There have been quite a few people on 'the other side' who have used softtopwindows with favourable comments.

There have also been recent reports about somebody who appears on eBay but I've not got a name http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&mode=thread&subject=2&source=T&thread=2005032210402715654

There was also somebody not far from Heathrow who got a good eview recently.

I'm at work at the mo and hoping to get home pretty soon. Tomorrow, at wok, I shall try to find links, unless you find them by searching here and/or the achive on the other bbs.

John

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
jupilerman said:
Anyone experience with quality from these guys?

thanks,
david
Yep, I went 1 month ago to a lady near Heathrow. She fixed my rear windscreen in an hour and if you needed it doing I really reccommend her. She did a fab job. The plastic is a little thinner, however it folds down much easier. If you need any further info. let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.