MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you fit a hard top with the rear demister feature and the wires are all connected up, how do you turn the bugger on if there is no switch on the dashboard?:banghead:

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
You have to fit a switch as well :lol:

Hardtop wiring kit comprises a switch for the dashboard and a relay, all the other wiring is already in place.

Remove fascia. Pop out the switch blank from behind and insert new switch. Find multiplug (it'll be loose behind the fascia) and connect. Open fuse box cover and inspect the relays on the far right hand side. Should be 2 relays fitted and a space at the bottom for a third one. Insert new relay in the space provided (it's a bit fiddly).

Job done. :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Other thing to remember is the HRW will only work if the engine is running. Won't work just with the ignition switched on.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sprinter said:
Quote your VIN number, buy a relay and switch, plug them in, save up for a hardtop.

ez.
I know that John doen't use his hardtop much and neither do I. To be honest I'd spend your money on something else. When everybody gets their car they think that they need a hardtop for the winter and the truth is the hood is perfectly adequate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts