MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to say that I got my new 75 shape rear number plate from Fancyplates.com today. (Good, quick service and only just over £21 delivered).
I took some time thinking about the 75 shaped plate and I know there are some members who are not too keen. All I can say is that I am well pleased and delighted with the result- far better than the 'ordinary' rectangular plate.
I got the plate with a coloured border which matches the colour of the car (Wedgewood blue) and I really think that the plate needs a border because it is so large.
If anyone is considering the 75 shaped plate I would highly recommend it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unable to upload a picture of the plate at the moment but the plates from Demonplates as displayed by johnboy247 look the same. A co-incidence that both Demonplates and Fancyplate are both from Ireland.
The border is only a few millimeters wide but I think, (IMO), that it sets the plate off better rather than just have a large expanse of yellow. The good thing about both sites is that you have freehand at designing your plate including varous backgrounds and badges etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
curriemart said:
A co-incidence that both Demonplates and Fancyplate are both from Ireland.
Hence the reason you where able to order plates via the web UK laws do not apply i.e. showing your logbook to prove you own the vechicle for which the plates are being made for.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fancyplates give their address as Omagh and Demonplates give theirs as Dublin but , for all we know, they may be related. My personal experience with Fancyplates is good- i.e. delivered in 5 days, good price, etc.
I saw the feedback for Demonplates which is why I didn't use them.
At the moment I'd be happy to use Fancyplates again but I've seen plenty of other makers on the internet who are probably just as good.
It's handy to have a variety of reviews to allow members to form a considered opinion about these various plate-makers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pictured above are the exact plates I bought from Demon, for my deep blue 75, although sadly that's not my real reg :)

After much thinking about the rear plate, I decided the big one looked better, after all the boot is formed and trimmed in steel to frame it nicely, plus the original ones from the dealer were branded "Essex Car Sales" so they just had to go!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Number Plates

Hi, thinking about a new set of plates for my 75. I rather like ones with dark blue border and strip, with Rover badge to match car colour. I would also like to put ROVER - 75 as a slogan in the middle of bottom border. I have on at present a personalised plate in standard lettering and spacing, and would be leaving as at present. I would be very obliged if someone could tell me if these plates would be road legal, or only as showplates. Many thanks John.

·
Registered
165 Posts
bluejon said:
Hi, thinking about a new set of plates for my 75. I rather like ones with dark blue border and strip, with Rover badge to match car colour. I would also like to put ROVER - 75 as a slogan in the middle of bottom border. I have on at present a personalised plate in standard lettering and spacing, and would be leaving as at present. I would be very obliged if someone could tell me if these plates would be road legal, or only as showplates. Many thanks John.
The DVLA are quite specific, nothing is allowed other than the Euro/GB combination, they have to have the BS number displayed too and the name of the company supplying them.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm#europlate

I decided to do it anyway, if stopped I'll plead ignorance, pay the fine and swap them back over. Mine look like this:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts