MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, again. I recently changed my rear bumper (after an accident the old one got cracked) with one I bought from eBay. My old bumper had no rear mesh, and this one has a silver one. The thing is that the other grilles are black. So:

1) leave it that way
2) paint the rear mesh black to match the others
3) paint the others silver (chrome)

My car is a Silver TF115. And how can I paint them? Is there a specific paint or spray? Will it last, or they will start loosing the paint and look awful? You think I should bother to make a change or leave it that way? Maybe someone with a black mesh to change with my chrome one?

Any suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
4) Buy some black mesh for the rear bumper (£28.47 from the MGOC site)

If you going to paint then I would go with option 2, reason being that if you paint the front mesh silver, it will undoubtedly chip and look messy whereas the rear should be OK.

G

·
I had my rear bumper replaced after I was rear-ended just before Christmas. My original didn't have mesh, my new bumper has chrome mesh...the rest of my grilles are black. I'm leaving it as it is for now - I don't think it looks too bad and it certainly perks up my rear!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I must agree with both of you. The front mesh gets ''flying objects'' very often and soon will be a mess. The rear is somewhat hidden and will stay ''unharmed'' for more time. I think I will leave it as it is. I am really too bored to take out the bumper again and if you think it, whoever can see the front and side grilles can't see the rear and vice versa. So, almost nobody will realize the difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts