MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of what to buy myself for Xmas (selfish git) and I was looking at Ultimate Styling rear lights (Lexus style) has anybody fitted them, what's the quality like, are they plug and play.

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,187 Posts
4 ring ones are ok (Ultimate styling), but they do have a problem with the fixings which are quite brittle, there are always ones being sold on ebay cheap due to the fixing studs breaking off. The 3 ring (ProDesign) are far higher quality but have not been available new since around 2005. I've both types, some on an F some on a TF. If buying second hand (4 or 3 ring) just ensure the fixing studs are all there. If buying new, just make sure you do not overtighten the nuts on the studs.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
mg_tf
188 Posts
I agree with what dert says. I bought some second hand and the fixings were broken, but to be honest it was easy enough to cobble up an adequate fix. I appreciate they are not to everyone's liking, but I do like the look and with a good foam sealing gasket I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads now I know why I keep seeing them 2nd hand and it says damaged clip, given the price 2nd hand I'll prob go new with the Ultimates which is why I asked about them. Nice to know they are plug and play, makes the job easy.
Now it's just the colour, I prefer the look of the chrome but then I think not much chrome on the car but quite a bit of black, decisions decisions.

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,187 Posts
I know the picture is of my 3 ring lights, but it may give an idea to you on how the different coloured lights look on a blue car
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Dert you even got the colour of my car correct which helps, I think the black as it echoes the black in the bumper and is understated like me Ho Ho.
PS I like your plate, I hope it refers to MG and not the amount of welding needed!

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered the Black ones, will I be able to avoid opening the box until Xmas day with shouts of, how did you know, you should not have.
Bit early but, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Beer + new lights

1 - 11 of 11 Posts