MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
It depends on where you go private could cost you £200 too its just a case of hunting around for quotes;)

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Simple respray, bout £100 for a decent job from a backstreet.
More at a VERY good place, but i doubt you would need it that mint.
Less than £70 i'd question the quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reason i ask is before i collected the car last thurs there was a small crack in the rear bumper that the dealer got chips-away to come down and sort. the crack repair was excellent but the paint colour is more of a bluey grey than x-power grey! and when i picked it up it was a drizzly day so i didnt notice it until yesterday really when it brightened up! do you think i can get the garage to repair this shoddy work at their cost or will i end up footing the bill?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
chips away have a no quibble guarantee. if your not 100% happy with it they will do the work till u are or take it to a garage who will do the work to a suitable standard

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Over the last few years I've used a Chips Away chap in Glasgow that had his own premises. Unfortunately he's moved, so I phoned Chips Away and got the local guy to come and do some work at my house. However, I've got to say that the standard of the finished product wasn't even close to the chap in Glasgow. Think I'll be giving Flying Colours a phone next time.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
mattcymru said:
who are flying colours?
As far as I know they offer the same service as Chips Away. Some of the guys in the office have used them and been impressed with the results, but I'm not sure how big they are or if they are a "national".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
phoned paramount yesterday and they said they'll sort the bumper out for me now, so result!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts