MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,and thankyou for allowing me to join,my name is ray,i have a very nice MG3 2014, it does all i need,but has developed a clicking sound from the right of the car,mainly on acceleration,and on pulling away,more annoying than anything,could anyone help with this, ray
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
mg_tf
501 Posts
Ray, how many miles has the car done? I'd start with obvious, like are the wheel nuts tight and then start looking at the CVJ's. Does the noise change if you're turning at the time? CVJ's normally click more when turning. Is the clicking noise related to road speed? if not then it may not be a rotating part that's making the noise.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray, how many miles has the car done? I'd start with obvious, like are the wheel nuts tight and then start looking at the CVJ's. Does the noise change if you're turning at the time? CVJ's normally click more when turning. Is the clicking noise related to road speed? if not then it may not be a rotating part that's making the noise.
Hi Bob,my MG has covoured just 49,000,checked wheel nuts,jacked up wheels and rocked them,cv,s are in good condition,the noise appears when taking up drive,sometimes when accelerating,the noise defenately comes from the timing chain area,but it runs so well,?the noise is allways the same,there is no knocking from the drive shafts,i wondered if a pulley nut would be loose??thankyou for reply. Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.