MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Nothing rattles in my boot as everything is in storage boxes. I find the stacking type the best only £1 each from the local pound shop.

Ken

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ken75 said:
Nothing rattles in my boot as everything is in storage boxes. I find the stacking type the best only £1 each from the local pound shop.

Ken
I've got one of them Ken - only problem is that it slides around!! I need to figure out how to strap it into place. That is how I found out the problem of having the type of 'inductive loop' reversing sensor I have fitted ... put the car in reverse move and as soon as the box in the boot slides back 'beep' goes your reversing sensor!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
jamescj said:
I've got one of them Ken - only problem is that it slides around!! I need to figure out how to strap it into place. That is how I found out the problem of having the type of 'inductive loop' reversing sensor I have fitted ... put the car in reverse move and as soon as the box in the boot slides back 'beep' goes your reversing sensor!!!

If you have carpet in your boot as opposed to a rubber mat then I recommend stick on Velcro tabs from Halfrauds. Work a treat for my slidy camera box of tricks.

MM

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
jamescj said:
Stick on velcro as MM said, works a treat for me.

Tools that I carry are wrapped up in an old hi viz coat (not the vest type) which doubles as a safety aid as well as a tool roll.

Ken

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Alex30013k said:
I just keep very thing under the carpet in the wheel well..

Dont really ever carry much else....
I used to too - but after putting in a full sized spare wheel they have ended up in the boot.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice mod there 7T5,

But one question.

How do you get from the drivers seat to your boot to get your brolly without getting wet ?

Mine boot is a mess and needs some TLC.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I find those spring clips a bit weak, ok for a brolly no good for a shotgun.

My Springer Spaniel tends to roll about a bit in the boot unless I strap her down and my Dalmatian does not fit at all so I tow her along She is normally OK as long is I keep it below 40mph:)

You might find they let go of the brolly under hard braking if so make wire catches for them to close off the opeining

1 - 15 of 15 Posts