MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my 200 has developed some annoying rattles from the trim in the boot. I have tried removing the parcel shelf and after lining the supports for it with rubber strips it has helped, but ther is still a rattle and it ain't sitting flush. It sounds as if it is coming from either the trim covering the back of the boot or the trim for the boot door. Is it easy enough to take these off ? What could I use to stop the rattles ? Could I pack foam/rags into the space or is that a stupid idea if there are wires in there/wiper motor, should I get some proper sound dead material. Is this made for 200 fitment or do you have to cut it to fit?

I plan on fitting an amp and sub at some point, I just can't be bothered with the wiring. The last i.c.e install I did was on my Honda CRX which resulted in some broken trim! By the way, how easy is it to to install in the 200, does the trim remove and fit easily and is there channel space for the wires. What is the best method of install for an amp and 10" sub box, still alowing access to the spare.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks, ag

1 - 1 of 1 Posts