MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys can some one tell me if there windows rattle?

The one on the drivers side rattles if it is fully up. I think it must be wear in the mechanism or sumthin. Has any one had this prob and know if its easy to fix?

Thanks

Sal.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I had this on the my 1999 Rover 400 diesel and my 05 zs180 is rattling away now. I had to remove the door card on the 400 to see what was going on - can't remember exactly where, but there was a loose nut connecting glass or sliding mechanism - tightened it up (as I recall the window had to be raised/lowered in to the right position to get access to the nut) and it didn't rattle again in the 130,000 miles I kept it.

Biggest fiddle was getting the door card back on.

Hope this helps,

Gary.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Same issues with mine.. missing bolt completely (god knows where it went) replaced tightened the rest up ...

An annoyance is the linkage to the interior door handle.. that will disguise itself as a window rattle .. just put lots of pading around it before the door card goes back on!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the same as well the door card is really easy to get off not so to get back on you should get a haynes manual as it will show you step by step

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Removing the plastic triangle inside the wing mirror.

Removing two screws on the pull handle.

Remove the screw on the door release handle - this need to be slid (can't remember if its forward or back - don't just pull or you'll break it) before it comes part way out when you can see a little retaining clip which needs to be unhooked before you can completely remove the handle.

Prise off and 'unpop' the popper fixings around the side and bottom of the door card.

It should now lift up and off.

It's a bit of a fiddle to slide it back down (have the window open for this) but once it is, it's just tapping the poppers back on and putting the handle, clip and screws back in.

Take it easy, be carefull and 15 minutes easy to remove even if you're clumsy, and a bit longer to replace.

Hope this helps.

Gary.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The later models have a lock guard fitted & the link to the door barrel rattles in this. Either bin the guard or wrap tape around the rod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts