MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks,

Spot of bother. Coming home from work yesterday noticed bad smell of petrol coming in through blowers.

Popped bonnet, petrol absolutely pouring out of a join from a pipe from the fuel pump ( i think it is, mounted on the bulkhead with 2 pipes coming out of top) to the fuel rail right underneath the throttle body (and the join with the air intake, hence the smell)

Took it apart, O ring has half disintergrated on one side. New one requird, no problem I thought. Not a soul does them. Tried 8 local motor factors including Halfords, all do o-rings but all far too narrow (although the right diameter).

Not a soul on Ebay either. Of all the places I'd find one :(

Does any kind soul on here happen to have one? Dr Dave or the likes? Would be very happy to Paypal over a few quid as well as be very gracious - without it, I've no car :(

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
The same o-rings are used to seal the injectors, might give people a wider source for the part if they can help.

If you have no luck I can post you one, will take a couple of days from Ireland though.

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorted!

After the main local dealer (Souls of Olney, morons) decided that they didn't know what it was I needed, and being absolutely adament it was a sealed fixture of the fuel rail, I'd need the whole rail for lots of money.

Won't be going there.

However, Allens Ford in Duston (Northampton) has a fantastic MG parts section and happened to have them in stock - so job's a goodun, as they say. Bought 2 just in case ;)

All that trouble for such a little rubber ring :(

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't you ******* start that. Myself and the father in-law were upsetting both our wives yesterday with comments about having to vaseline our rings to make sure we can slide it in properly - the less dirty jokes the better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts