MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

Just joined here as I think my ramblings might be better in here than in some of the other groups.

I've got my Raspberry Pi head unit built with a nice 7in touch screen, installed and working pretty nicely. It's in a 2003 TF. It's running on the standard speakers in the front and a pair of 2 way Alpine 6x4 speakers in the back with a Kenwood sub-woofer behind the driver's seat. I'm still not feeling enough bass at the moment so I've got a Pioneer amp on order to replace this little test amp that the Pi is plugged into.

Still on the todo list:

Outside temperature sensor
Reversing cam
Power management to shut the Pi down cleanly when the ignition is off

Couple of photos showing the "during" and "after".

Overall, I'm really pleased with this. The sound quality is ok for the moment, the navigation works really well and Google voice assistant using a mic on the sun visor is pretty reliable - you just have to lean forward a bit when the roof's down.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has gone down this route.

Attachments

·
Registered
rover_600
25 Posts
Looks good - what are you running on the raspberry pi? Been thinking about doing something like this but the only way I can think of displaying the temp etc. in a nice fashion is to run a web server and display as an html5 page. Is that the route you are planning?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts