MG-Rover.org Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
7,879 Posts
I just picked up one of these from the scrappy, and mine is beige instead of grey like the rest of my interior - perhaps there's more than one colour available? I'm gonna whip out my old light and see if the accord internals will swap into the grey surround, but I won't hold my breath.

Aaaand its a no-go for using the existing surround. Guess eBay this one and hold out for a grey one :D

· Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,923 Posts
The one on the left looks like Nicotine Smoke stains. The colour is not consistent across the whole of it.

· Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Nah it definitely wasn't a smokers car it came out of. The reverse side of the light is exactly the same colour as the front, its not dirty at all.

Well, first picture really fooled me. This second picture confirms that. :)

· Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,923 Posts
Fitted to Rover 620ti and MG ZS.

The attached images show these units fitted to two of my family cars. The first image shows it fitted to my son's 620ti, and the last two to my wife's MG ZS. Looks OK. Colour matches acceptable to my eyes. Even in my son's car which has the all black plastic interior and dash from a Honda Accord. I prefer the original genuine fake wood of the 620ti ... :D

Attachments

· Registered
7,879 Posts

Having a look at that one that skillen picked up for his ZS, and the ones MGJohn has posted I'm convinced that these lights come in more than one colour, and that I've just got unlucky :lol:

The accord I took mine out of had a cream/tan/beige/whatever interior, and the plastics were all the same colour as the interior light.

Interestingly, although the original light from my 45 doesn't disassemble, the one from the accord does come apart. I wonder if I find an earlier light from a civic or 400 in the right colour, if that will dissassemble and I can swap the funky bits from the rare accord light into one of the correct colour. I'll pop back to the scrappy in a month's time and have a gander, I'll not be going back too soon as it's quite a trek and I want them to get a few more cars in :D

· Registered
24 Posts
I'm a few years late but after seeing this interesting modification I decided to do it too when I saw this rare part on ebay.
Here was mine before :
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Vehicle door Gas

I decided to keep the original sunroof buttons :

Automotive lighting Bumper Camera lens Communication Device Cameras & optics

And voilà ! :
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle Hood

I'm really pleased with it

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.